Do you know how to connect PayPal to Joomla? Searching for a way to integrate the Paypal to your Joomla website?
Look no further, this article will tell exactly how you can do that using one of the most popular forms the Convert Form. Using the Convert Form you can make your visitor pay for donations or if you sell products they can make the payments via PayPal.
Paypal Donation Form helps you & your visitors to stay on the same page without having to integrate an altogether different setup just for making payments. Convert forms are easy to set up and not just the Paypal you can set any other payment mode easily within them.
What you can do with PayPal?
PayPal is one of the most common payment methods used across most of the websites because it’s safe, secure, and easy to use. Adding a PayPal payment method makes your visitors feel safe while they make payments, they have a sense of trust and assurance that their money is in safe hands.
With PayPal payment integration you can create Donation forms on your websites if you are into charity & fundraising. But if you are into purchasing & selling products online then PayPal is for you too.
You have just started your business and not sure which is the best and safest payment method that you can use for a Joomla website & you don’t want to indulge in a separate extension for payments because you already have a lot of them to manage, then just simply install the Convert Forms which can also be used for multiple purposes along with integrating PayPal payments, which is what this article is all about.
Also read: How to connect Joomla form with 1000+ Apps?
How to Integrate PayPal Forms in Joomla using Convert Forms?
Convert Forms are the most user-friendly contact forms built for Joomla. They help you in creating the perfect yet simple converting contact forms, newsletter opt-in forms, subscription forms basically any kind of form can be created with their help.
This form has integrations with the various email marketing providers that can help you reach a large variety of consumers. Some of these integrations are MailChimp, Salesforce, Zaiper just to name a few.
Apart from these mail servicing integrations it also has a lot more other integrations one of them being the PayPal payment gateway. Now how would you integrate it for your website is the main question, so here are some simple steps you need to follow if you are selling products or are receiving donations or whatever your purpose is:
Create a PayPal form
Firstly you need to know how to create a for with the help Convert Form after installation. So to create a form, follow the following steps.
- Go to Components >> Convert Forms >> Forms >> New
- Now you a library of pre-designed ready to use form templates. You can select any of them or start from scratch. Here is a step by step guide on how to use Form builder.
Now you have to decide whether you want to receive the donation or want to sell anything to your customers. So depending upon your requirements, we will make the settings.
Depending upon your payment type add the fields in your form
- If you are receiving donations, then choose a Hidden field type >> add the field key >> add the default field value as _donations
- If you are selling products, then choose a Hidden field type >> add the field key >> add the default field value as _xclick
Now add the common fields of a PayPal form
After deciding your payment type, add fields related to the payment like who will receive the payment, item name, quantity of the items, price & currency, and others like such.
- Number/Textbox field type for Quantity
- Hidden field type for the payment receiver
- Hidden field type for the item name
- Hidden field type for the item ID
- Hidden field type for the item’s image details
- Hidden field type for currency type
Some of these fields are hidden because you are the one who is going to set the value of those in the backend.
Add the Redirection links
Add fields for redirection after a successful payment transaction or a canceled transaction.
- For a successful transaction, choose a Hidden field type >> add the field key >> Add the URL where users will be redirected once they make a transaction as the default value
- For the canceled transaction, choose a Hidden field type >> add the field key >> Add the URL where users will be redirected after they have canceled a payment
- Lastly, make sure to point out the Submission Form to the PayPal link. Go to Forms >> Submission.
Style the form
After adding the fields if you wish to style the form you can do that under Design options, go to Forms >> Design.
Publish the form
After creating the Donation Form you can easily publish it on your website’s frontend by creating a module.
- Go to Extensions >> Module >> New >> Convert Forms.
- Choose the form you want to publish.
- Set the module position of the form
- Set the menu assignment of that Convert Form module
And you are done creating & publishing your own PayPal/Donation Form for your Joomla website with easy redirection and safe transaction method.
This is how your form would look somehow once it’s all styled as per the website requirements.
So this is how you can create a PayPal donation or product selling form with the help of Joomla form builder. Do let us know if you have any questions or facing any issue while setting up the PayPal form on your Joomla site.