Rev Up Your Writing with Our Blogging U. Challenge
Want to flex your blogging muscles? Get ready for Writing 101: Building a Blogging Habit, starting Monday, June 2.
Lots of us start blogs with the intention of writing regularly, but quickly find ourselves struggling to sit down at the keyboard. Cultivating a consistent writing habit isn’t as easy as starting a blog — but we can help!
Writing 101: Building a Blogging Habit is a write-every-day challenge designed to help you create a writing habit, publish posts that mesh with your blog’s focus, and push you a bit as a writer. It’s also a great way to make new friends and find new favorite reads. All bloggers are welcome, whether you use WordPress.com, are self-hosted, or use another platform entirely.
Here’s how it works:
- We’ll post a new writing assignment just for Writing 101 each weekday in June on The Daily Post. Assignments will publish at 10:00 AM EST (14:00 PM GMT). You can follow The Daily Post to get assignment notifications.
- There are no weekend assignments — you’re free to expand on a weekday post, write something unrelated, or (gasp!) spend some time away from your blog.
- Each assignment includes a writing prompt and an optional “twist.” Prompts are your inspiration for the day, while twists push you to experiment and stretch your writing chops.
- You can mix assignments up however you’d like. Respond to the prompt, and ignore the twist. Try the twist, but write on your own topic. Use both the prompt and the twist. The only goal is to get you writing every weekday.
- There’s no need to publish every day if you don’t want to — publish the posts you’re happiest with, and use the other days as private writing practice. How much you publish is up to you.
Participants will also have a private community site, the Commons, for chatting, connecting, and seeking feedback and support. Daily Post staff and Happiness Engineers will be on hand to answer your questions and offer guidance and resources.
Interested? Fill out this quick form to register. You’ll receive an email before the challenge begins with the above details, along with instructions on how to access the Commons and connect with other participants. Get ready to get writing!